Just a little Farmhouse Zen...

Need a little zen? Grab a big pot and boil together the ordinary, the quirky, the simple, and the sweet. Reduce to a simmer and add a sprinkling of yoga and a dash of country charm. Enjoy!

Saturday, October 16, 2010

Livin Life...


Once again, I'm marking time by the change of the seasons.  Since September here in East Tennessee was unusually warm, the onset of autumn has taken me a bit by surprise.  Cooler weather, which ususally brings out the knitting needles, hot cocoa recipes, and all things honoring evening shadows, full moons, and the color orange, has simply left me chilly and wondering where my sweaters are.  Life seems to be rolling right along without any consideration of my schedule or list of unfinished projects.  Honestly, I guess this is as it should be...too much control short circuits creativity, I think, so I it's time to embrace the moment and remember that this orangic flow to my days really is like a breath of fresh air.
Available at Southern Fried Gallery

 I've spent much of the last few weeks in the studio.  I'm excited to say some of my originial folk art and a few of my fabric pieces are now available at the Southern Fried Gallery in Townsend, Tennessee...a unique shop filled with creations by local artists and handmade gurus.  I'm thrilled to be included with such a talented group of artists, but new projects tend to eat up the edges of my day and sometimes I forget to notice the leaves changing colors or dusk creeping in earlier each evening.  Then, several nights ago, I heard the old barn owl begin to sing.  Time for a break, I think, so we decided to take a deep breath this weekend and host our first bonfire of the season.



There really is something to be said for simply living life.  I'm so blessed that I enjoy all that I do...even when it feels a little overwhelming...but it is so easy to get lost in creating a life and forget to simply enjoy living the one we already have.  Tonight, I plan to do just that...roasted veggie soup is already simmering on the stove, hats and gloves have been secured, and I just pulled our old quilts out of the cedar chest...all in preparation of a night by the fire in the company of old friends.  Tomorrow I can plot, organize, and update my weekly planner, but for a few hours this evening, I'm going live life...totally in the moment, watching the stars and maybe even adding a little harmony to that barn owl's song.

No comments:

Post a Comment