Just a little Farmhouse Zen...

Need a little zen? Grab a big pot and boil together the ordinary, the quirky, the simple, and the sweet. Reduce to a simmer and add a sprinkling of yoga and a dash of country charm. Enjoy!

Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Running...and wearing pink!

If you haven't already figured it out, I've been doing a bit of running lately. I've actually come to look forward to it...the fresh air, the sounds of squirrels and birds, the way that the trees keep time with the wind..with my breath. Short of yoga, it is almost perfect zen.


I've been inspired. And now, I want to give back. So, I've chosen to run on Saturday, October 24th in the annual Komen Race for the Cure in Knoxville, Tennessee. This will be my first organized event - and my very first 5k! I'm both excited and nervous, as you can imagine! I guess it is only inevitable that after spending so many years sharing my yoga life with so many amazing people that I have come to know far too many that have faced the challenge of Breast Cancer. It's impossible to explain the lessons in courage that I've learned from them...and the shared loss when a battle bravely fought has become too much. For this reason, it only seems fitting that my first 5k be in their honor and with their spirit.

The photo is of an original illustration I created in honor of the Race for the Cure. I titled in "Celebration Shoes" and it is captioned with the words "Celebrate, Laugh, Embrace, Smile." Obviously, my shoes are every shade of pink I could create! A print of this illustration is for sale for a limited time in my shop at http://www.yoganoodles.etsy.com/ and all proceeds from its sale will go to the Komen Race for the Cure.
I would love for you to own a copy of "Celebrate Shoes," but even if you choose not to purchase, you can still contribute to my fundraising efforts by visiting http://komenknoxville.donordrive.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=event.fundraising&eventID=506&participantID=6717

Thanks for your support...and maybe you too will be inspired to wear pink and run!

No comments:

Post a Comment